This represents some of the better fiction I read in 2015. In the list below I’ve included the medium as well. 2015 was a year of audiobooks, ebooks, and almost no print. I suspect 2016 will remain similar.
- Liu Cixin – Three-Body Problem (audiobook)
- Liu Cixin – The Dark Forest (audiobook)
- J.G. Ballard – Concrete Island (audio/ebook)
- J.G. Ballard – High Rise (audio/ebook)
- Mohsin Hamid – How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia (audiobook)
- Jonathan Franzen – The Corrections (audio/ebook)
- Andy Weir – The Martian (audiobook)
- McCarthy – Satin Island (audiobook)
- Richard Powers – Orfeo (audio/ebook)
- Margaret Atwood – The Heart Goes Last (audiobook)
I’ll post two more 2015 lists soon: one on my Top 10 Philosophy & Criticism Works and my Top 10 Non-Fiction Works.